The new Explorer 510 is the smallest device of Explore family and the ideal combination of performance and portability. It offers broadband access at speeds up to 464 kbps, which provides flexibility and bandwidth needed for the user. The user interface is intuitive and can be accessed from laptop or from any smartphone. With EXPLORER Connect App you can use your smartphone to make calls or to access the Internet in areas without coverage. Available for Android and iOS.
The Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) service provides high-speed voice and data connectivity to customers on the ground through terminals that are more or less the size of a laptop. BGAN, accessible through light and small satellite terminals, provides usage options to meet different operational needs. The standard terminals are portable and can be used both inside and outside. Vehicle systems comprise an internal terminal and a discrete location antenna, which is mounted on the roof of the vehicle.
BGAN, the mobile broadband office
With BGAN service, you can set up a mobile broadband office in just a few minutes in any part of the world. You will benefit from a simultaneous voice service and fast data transmission in areas with limited access to GSM or fixed networks.
Inmarsat’s BGAN service is now available across the globe, sent through our global network of three I-4 satellites. The map below shows the regions covered by the three I-4 satellites. BGAN coverage is worldwide. Any BGAN terminal will operate in any country within the coverage zones, and will be able to connect to any of the three BGAN satellites without reconfirming the program or changing service schedules (ideal for travelers around the world).
Global coverage: BGAN offers seamless coverage throughout the world’s continental mass. BGAN is currently accessible in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia and North and South America.
Simultaneous voice and data broadband data service: With a single BGAN device, users can access data applications at broadband speeds and can make phone calls at the same time.
Flexible: There are BGAN terminals for single users or for small groups, which can be connected to a laptop via wired or wireless connection.
Easy to use: No specialized expertise is required to configure or use the service. The same device can be used worldwide and the user interface is standard on all terminals.
-High speed wireless IP data (up to 650 kbps) (1 MB with 2 computers) and network connected to circuit.
-IP data streaming speed up to 650 kbps on demand, which is a significant advantage if guaranteed and uninterrupted performance is required, without degradation of shared service.
-An extensive range of small and light terminals with practical accessories.
-The BGAN Launchpad program provides a standard user interface to all BGAN terminals. The LaunchPad allows you to control your connection type, access services and benefit from unique value added services.
-ISDN at a speed of 64kbps standard GAN family, fax and voice at a speed of 4.8 kbps mobile, landline and any other MSS
-Voice and data sending services can be used simultaneously as in the office.
-Support for supplementary services such as call waiting and voice mail
-SMS text messages can be sent for private use and work
– One-button auto-connect to the Internet (after pointing). Easy to use by anyone.
– Operates with all BGAN Internet service plans, Monthly or prepaid, or streaming.
– High-speed Internet up to 464 Kbps down, 448 Kbps upload.
– The most portable BGAN terminal 7.8″ x 7.8″ x 1.6″ inches (202 / 202 / 51.8 mm).
– Very lightweight – 3.1 lbs (1.4 kg).
– 330 feet WiFi range (100 meters). Excellent for working indoors, or at a distance.
– Connects with up to 11 devices (laptops, smartphone, tablets) simultaneously.
– Can be on the phone and Internet at the same time.
– Web interface for connectivity options, usage logs, call logs, many hidden features!
– Operates in very cold or very hot weather at -25°C to +55°C / -13°F to +131°F.
– Use your iPhone or Android phone to make/receive calls over BGAN (using a new satellite phone #).
– SMS texting from your smart device including iMessage on the iPhone.
– USB port for Ethernet (with included adapter), or recharging port for other devices (1 amp).
– CE, FCC, GMPCS and IC certified.
WHAT'S IN THE BOX
– Explorer 510 BGAN Terminal
– Explorer 510 Softbag Carrying Case
– Integrated Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery
– AC/DC 100-240 VAC Recharger
– International Plug Adapters for US, UK, EU, AU
– USB to Ethernet Cable Adapter
– USB Extension Cable
– Quickstart Guides in English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese