NEW inReach Explorer two-way satellite communicator with GPS
inReach Explorer (Screen Edition) is the satellite communicator from DeLorme that puts amazing functionality in the palm of your hand without having to pair the device:
Navigate, create waypoints, log your trip and find your way back. Send and receive text messages. Trigger an interactive SOS. Plan, track and share your journey. You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium. You can also pair it with your mobile device to access topographic maps and U.S. NOAA charts.
- Turn on tracking to share and view GPS coordinates.
- Color screen and virtual keyboard with predictive text.
- Intuitive LED indicator for satellite availability.
- Audible message notifications.
- Long-lasting internal rechargeable lithium battery for ultimate convenience and portability.
- 100 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky.
- Designed for maximum durability in harsh environments (waterproof, dustproof, and impact-resistant).
- Post to social media.
Use the inReach with the Earthmate Android™ phone app to take full advantage of two-way messaging and DeLorme maps—whether you want to share your trip, check in with loved ones, or send an SOS in an emergency.
Use the inReach alone to send your location to explore.delorme.com, send predefined messages to your contacts, or send an SOS in an emergency.
- Wireless Pairing
- Connect wirelessly via Bluetooth
- Compose email or SMS address on the fly, or select from your phone contacts
- Compose and send messages up to 160 characters
- View incoming messages
- Post to Facebook, Twitter, or your own shared map
- Interactive SOS
- Describe your situation in detail to improve emergency response
- Stay in touch for mutual status updates on your situation
- Automatic location tracking
- Follow Me/Find Me Tracking and Location
- User-selected tracking interval (10 minutes to 4 hours)
- GPS position accuracy to within 5 meters
- View tracking breadcrumbs online
- Navigate with confidence using DeLorme Topo North America maps, DeLorme Digital Atlas of the Earth maps or NOAA Charts. Unlike streaming maps, your downloaded maps remain available even when outside of cellular coverage